Our Prepay program is changing the way people pay for their electricity. It puts you in the account management driver’s seat.
Traditionally, people receive a utility bill at the end of the month for all of the electricity they used in the past 30 days. Prepay works the other way. The program allows you to choose how much and how often you want to pay before you use the electricity.
Think of Prepay the same as you do of putting gas in your car: You pay for it before you use it. You can purchase small amounts every few days or “fill up” the tank and not worry about it for several weeks. When your supply is low, you simply purchase more.
Because you pay for electricity in advance, the Prepay program does not require members to have a deposit, there are no monthly bills and no late fees. The program also saves money! In similar programs across the country, Prepay participants typically see a reduction in their monthly electric bill due to increased awareness of usage patterns.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I know my balance? You can log in to your account using our SmartHub app on your phone or online. You may also call our 24-hour automated payment system at 877-760-7425 to check your balance and make payments.
- Will it warn me before shutting off my electricity? The system does a bill calculation each day at 11:30 a.m. If your balance drops below an estimated 4 days of usage left, we will send you an email notification of your low balance.
- When can I make a payment? Payments can be made whenever it is convenient for you.
- Do I get a bill in the mail? Because your account does a daily bill calculation rather than a monthly bill calculation, a monthly paper bill is no longer generated for your account.
- What happens if I let my account run out of money? If your credit balance is zero after the 11:30 a.m. daily bill calculation , your electricity will shut off at noon. As soon as a payment is made on the account, the power will be restored within a few minutes.
Think you might be interested? Want more details? Click Here to complete and submit the Prepaid Electric Billing Agreement. If you have questions or would like to sign up for Prepaid Electric Billing, please call our office. 660-679-3131